Thread: Google Issue

Default Google Issue

Hi all has anybody else had any notifications like this out of the blue? It relates to free product listings/enhanced etc.?? Getting a bit worried.

Have you checked your feed?
    Do you upload it automatically/regularly?

I would guess either your feed is old and has not been updated for a while or for some reason your items may have been disapproved.

Have a look under Products>all products (in Merchant Centre)... if anything is flagged up as not approved etc, it should show there.

The feed was set up ages ago and it automatically updates from BP to google. Im not doing any ads or shopping. Why would 1500 items suddenly be disapproved. Its says they are not approved for enhanced listing, I would be happy to just have them as standard listings with the basic fields. Someone did google adwords for me a few years ago but all of that is turned off and not being used. I wonder if I go into the BP google product feed and just tick all the columns might that work, would it do any harm?!! Im not good at this stuff!

The enhanced listing has only recently become available in the UK before that all non-USA countries were disapproved for enhanced listings. You need to have some kind of feedback/reviews linked to your merchant centre (and all your account details filled in like address etc) before they will approve you. I have Google reviews set up and it took about 6 weeks before the enhanced ads were approved.

I wouldn't tamper with your feed, especially if you don't know what you're doing.

Have a look at your Google Merchant Centre diagnostics, see exactly what is flagged up (if anything).

Thanks Cheesemouse, it looks ok to me so I dont know why they said they noticed a drop in active items. I have google reviews already etc. Ive re-submitted the feed and now Im not getting partially active items. Keeping fingers crossed I dont have to do anything else!! thanks for your help.

That's good. It might have been Google glitching out, we had issues last year with them saying we had unavailable landing pages and if we didn't fix it our Merchant account would be permanently suspended. After a couple of weeks (and no help from Google) it just dropped off the account. No idea what caused it or even what pages were supposedly unavailable.

Very odd isnít it, law unto themselves! Spent hours worrying about it !! I think I will look into updating my product feed from the BP end when I have time to see how to do it properly etc.

I had my all free listing do the same arount end of Dec for a few days but now back to normal. I have paid and free listings but i cannot see the free as enhanced. How .do i find out if they are enhanced and is there anything you did to get them enhanced.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    I had my all free listing do the same arount end of Dec for a few days but now back to normal. I have paid and free listings but i cannot see the free as enhanced. How .do i find out if they are enhanced and is there anything you did to get them enhanced.
    Im glad it wasn't just me then! This info should help

https://support.google.com/merchants.../9849758?hl=en

If your listings are eligible for free, then they are enhanced.

Just pt another feed in and now they have all been disaproved.
    Richard

Give it a few days. It can take a while for Google to process changes.

I have made no changes. All have allways been active. Now they are partially active. Partially active is fully approved products that appear only in standard free listings. Fully active are products that appear in standard and enhanced free listings. That is what Google say. As my products are fully approved and are only partially active would this point to a problem being with my account. I am lost how to sort this.I have asked Google support and all they do is send me some links on how to comply. They will not tell me the exact problem.
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rijam View Post
    I have made no changes. All have allways been active. Now they are partially active. Partially active is fully approved products that appear only in standard free listings. Fully active are products that appear in standard and enhanced free listings. That is what Google say. As my products are fully approved and are only partially active would this point to a problem being with my account. I am lost how to sort this.I have asked Google support and all they do is send me some links on how to comply. They will not tell me the exact problem.
    I think my problem was similar, i refreshed the feed, took off shopping, then it cleared and i put shopping back on although Im not doing shopping.

All you can do is make sure your feed is fully compliant. Upload it again if you want. If you have no warnings in your account, then it will clear when it clears. As was said earlier Google are a law unto themselves.

All i found on my Google account was a returns policy link and information filling in about returns. in the end they wanted 2 policys. Today all are back to enhanced.
    Richard