Thread: PayPal email regarding IPN

Default PayPal email regarding IPN

anybody else had these emails (below), and do we need to do anything

TIA

As a reminder, communicated through email in the first week of December 2020, PayPal is expanding the Instant Payments Notification (IPN) infrastructure used to notify merchants about events related to the status of PayPal transactions. This change has added seven new IP addresses from which IPNs are being sent since 18 January 2021.

Below are all of the IP addresses that are being used for IPN.

173.0.81.0/24
    173.0.81.65 (New)
    173.0.81.140 (New)
    64.4.240.0/21 (New)
    64.4.248.0/22 (New)
    66.211.168.0/22 (New)
    173.0.80.0/20 (New)
    91.243.72.0/23 (New)

Call to Action

If you are implementing any Access Control List (ACL) or filters on IP addresses for the IPNs received from PayPal, we request that you add all the aforementioned IP addresses before 3 May 2021.

Doing so will help avoid missing IPNs from PayPal. If you have any further questions about this migration activity, please feel free to contact Merchant Technical Support (www.paypal-techsupport.com).

Yours sincerely,

PayPal

I had it and BP said "I have noticed that your site is still using the old version of PayPal Standard. PayPal are planning to retire this method in the near future and it has been replaced with PayPal Commerce. PayPal Commerce has already been integrated into the Bluepark platform and you can switch at any time. However, once the switch has been made, you cannot switch back to PayPal Standard."

I then moved to the new system so I dont know if any issues would be encountered if I hadn't.

Kim

Thanks Kim
    I take a look at that
    Cheers
    Steve

There is info in the updates section about it.