Thread: Customer says website is super slow, but seems fine to me...?

Exclamation Customer says website is super slow, but seems fine to me...?

My customer says our website is horrendously slow - 10-20 per page to load. They have tested their download speed at 30MB/s, and all other websites they try are fine. They are using a PC with Chrome.

I'm also using a PC with Chrome (plus I'm using a VPN) but I can zip around the website with no delays at all.

Does anyone else have any speed problems accessing our website?

Dymo Express

The customer is using AVG anti virus, so it would be interesting to see if anyone else is using that to see if it's slow for you too.

I didn't have any speed issues on your site
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Just visited your site. Pages are not loading instantly, but coming up in less than a second/page (using a Talk Talk fibre connection and McAfee anti-virus).

I have the same issue. I just tested your site on desktop and its fine, but NOT WORKING ON IPAD!!! I am getting exactly the same issue on my website on some iPads. When I go on your website on my ipad its taking ages to load the pages. On desktop not an issue. Currently Im on Virgin Media. This is the same as me - see below:

Im having issues too but only in certain circumstances and we cannot get to the bottom of it because of this. Basically on "some" iPads on "some" internet providers like Virgin and Talk Talk my website takes about 30 seconds for each page to load, making the website unusable. What is very odd is that it only applies to iPads on certain networks both with Chrome and Safari. Those exact same iPads when used on our work BT internet dont have any issues. Spoke to BP but they said its nothing their end. I have given up trying to sort it as dont know how to resolve it, its worrying because I know a few people now who cannot use our website due to this issue. Wish I knew how to resolve this.

If anyone wants to test mine I would appreciate it - MUST BE IPAD ONLY - we are here

I bet others are having this issue but don't realise it. We all need to test our websites on iPads on different networks I think to check??

Kim

Matter of seconds here to load Dymo Lables on desktop and Chrome

Loads fine for me using Firefox and AVG.

Quote Originally Posted by MountMan View Post
    Matter of seconds here to load Dymo Lables on desktop and Chrome
    Is that on iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemouse View Post
    Loads fine for me using Firefox and AVG.
    Is that also on iPad?

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    Is that also on iPad?

No , I was replying to LableKings post, I don't have an iPad

Same as MountMan... I was replying to LabelKings post, and I don't have an ipad either.

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    I have the same issue. I just tested your site on desktop and its fine, but NOT WORKING ON IPAD!!! I am getting exactly the same issue on my website on some iPads. When I go on your website on my ipad its taking ages to load the pages. On desktop not an issue. Currently Im on Virgin Media. This is the same as me - see below:
    strangely, with our customer, it was their PC (win 7 / chrome) that was super slow, but when they tried it on their phone it worked fine... both working of the same wifi!

I know that doesn't help with the ipad hypothesis, but it kind of rules out network issues...

Might have just been their browser glitching out.