Thread: Paypal MOTO orders

Default Paypal MOTO orders

Hiya.
    I've just had an email from Worldpay saying they are increasing their processing charges from September - along with Sagepay also increasing their fees and all the other hidden fees from worldpay I'm getting a bit sick of them.

I'm considering changing to Paypal commerce platform as my main processor (already got it as a secondary option) but I was wondering can you take MOTO payments with it similar to Sagepay, i.e. directly on site via remote control? I get a lot of telephone orders and this makes life a lot easier than having to go through the virtual terminal!

Also considering Stripe, so if anyone knows, same question for them too?

Thanks, Sarah

The main criteria for MOTO is that it needs to bypass 3D secure. I know that Stripe doesn’t do this currently with Bluepark. I have asked Rich, but he was not immediately sure if it was possible. This would be a real benefit to us.

We use Stripe and can do MOTO orders directly on site using the remote control function all the way through to taking payment by card. So I don't really understand Ashley's reply. Or maybe I'm missing something?

We don't have any issues with MOTO payments via Stripe. We don't do a lot but it proves useful as a backup when we've needed it
    Shaun

Loxta Hardware
    www.loxta.co.uk

Thank you!

We process multiple MOTO orders a day using PayPal, all done using our/ Bps MOTO feature.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomg View Post
    We process multiple MOTO orders a day using PayPal, all done using our/ Bps MOTO feature.
    You must be doing the PayPal part independently to the BP part though aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    You must be doing the PayPal part independently to the BP part though aren't you?
    We start up MOTO, add required items to cart, enter customers details and then enter their card details. Card processing is done by PayPal but all within the website.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtomg View Post
    We start up MOTO, add required items to cart, enter customers details and then enter their card details. Card processing is done by PayPal but all within the website.
    I see, I just checked it and I see what you are doing. You can checkout with PayPal using their Paypal Guest Checkout instead of logging in to an account, I never knew that!!! So one can do it directly on BP, thats great to know.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by niche View Post
    I see, I just checked it and I see what you are doing. You can checkout with PayPal using their Paypal Guest Checkout instead of logging in to an account, I never knew that!!! So one can do it directly on BP, thats great to know.

Thanks.
    If you use Paypal Commerce, the credit card fields are embedded in your BP website, so you can just enter their card details like you would have with Sagepay. You don't need to use a guest checkout at all.

My only gripe with Paypal Commerce is that they don't use card vaulting yet, so it's impossible to top up an order if the customer wants to make an addition without getting their card details again (basically, a Sagepay "repeat").

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
    If you use Paypal Commerce, the credit card fields are embedded in your BP website, so you can just enter their card details like you would have with Sagepay. You don't need to use a guest checkout at all.

My only gripe with Paypal Commerce is that they don't use card vaulting yet, so it's impossible to top up an order if the customer wants to make an addition without getting their card details again (basically, a Sagepay "repeat").
    I meant the Paypal Guest Checkout rather than the BP one

Default MOTO with Stripe

We've been using Stripe for about four years - with BP since we moved here last year. No hidden charges, pay as you go - no contract - no sign-up fee. Payments embedded our own site. Works fine on the occasional MOTO order we get. Also have PayPal commerce as secondary service as many overseas customers - esp USA - more comfortable with that. The traditional card processing systems, Worldpay, Barclaycard, Sage etc have had their day.

Russell Cowe, Panamint Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Pelenna View Post
    Hiya.
    I've just had an email from Worldpay saying they are increasing their processing charges from September - along with Sagepay also increasing their fees and all the other hidden fees from worldpay I'm getting a bit sick of them.

I'm considering changing to Paypal commerce platform as my main processor (already got it as a secondary option) but I was wondering can you take MOTO payments with it similar to Sagepay, i.e. directly on site via remote control? I get a lot of telephone orders and this makes life a lot easier than having to go through the virtual terminal!

Also considering Stripe, so if anyone knows, same question for them too?

Thanks, Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by bornfree View Post
    We use Stripe and can do MOTO orders directly on site using the remote control function all the way through to taking payment by card. So I don't really understand Ashley's reply. Or maybe I'm missing something?
    I am guessing you don’t have the full 3D secure rules enabled in Stripe or it would ask you for secondary stage authentication. They are not enabled as standard.