Thread: Email Subscription pop up

Default Email Subscription pop up

Im just setting up a non intrusive popup (i hope) and I wondered what are the best pages to put it on, I won't get it to pop up until after about 15 seconds (hope this isn't too quick?) and it will only pop up once, so apart from the homepage I wasn't sure what other pages are good to put it on. I dont want to distract when on categories or products or checkout but I also dont want to miss the customer. I hate some pop ups so really dont want it to be too annoying but I also really need to get my mailing list numbers up. Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated.

Kim

Hi Kim,

Depends on the behaviour of the shopper and the pages they visit and how they arrive at your site. You could have the popup on just the homepage but if the shopper arrives on a category or product page from google who's to say they will even look at your homepage ? They may decide to buy the product and look at your delivery charges and about us pages before checking out and therefore would never see the popup on the homepage.

If it's only going to popup once per visit for the shopper put it on home, category and product pages. Don't make it too in the face and see how it goes.

Personally, I hate popups and would find it very annoying to have to accept the cookies popup and then another blinking popup appears.
    Regards,

Dave

Thanks Dave for your invaluable advice, I will try and make it a bit smaller and, like you say see what happens. Really appreciate your reply.

Kim