Thread: Is anyone using the Bark template?

Default Is anyone using the Bark template?

Moving off my template onto Bark to resolve many issues that are slowing down my site. My SEO needs to have a look at the SEO on a live site whose using it too. This is because we're getting a lot of jquery and css problems on my current site. BP say moving over to Bark or another of their templates will solve this problem. However, to be sure, she needs to check it on a live template. BP don't know how else uses it.

I know it's a big favour to ask but this is a lot of work to resolve problems that may not be resolved if the code isn't right on a new template. Can anyone help?

Thank you very much
    Kate
    Cheers
    Kate

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

Hi Kate,

All you have to do is go onto the 'Template Manager' and click-on 'Get More Templates' - now download the template you wish to try.

Now within the 'Template Manager' you'll now see the template available - you can select this to try and easily revert back to your currant template by simply selecting it again (remember though that when testing this will make live changes to your site, so your visitors will be seeing what your seeing, so maybe best to do at a time when your site is usually quiet).

The new template will bring across all your products, pages and blocks, BUT it will remove all global custom CSS, JavaScript and jQuery.

If you need any further help let me know,

Mike

Thanks for this, it does fill me with a little dread to think about it though. Never thought of it. Will it revert back easily and not ruin anything?
    Cheers
    Kate

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.

I can apricate your apprehension, but honestly it really is that easy and will revert back without effecting anything.

As a rule of thumb I always make a copy of the existing template so if you mess-up on your live template, you've got a copy to fall back on. To do this, within the 'Template Manager' click on the two blue boxes - click 'OK' and now re-name this template 'back-up' or similar. Click save, the green tick and then the back arrow - you'll now be back to the template manager and should see a copy of your back-up template you've just created.

If you still feel uneasy then give Bluepark a call and they'll do it for you in seconds.

Mike

Are BP saying there are issues with one of their standard templates or is it because yours has been heavily customised ?

Following on from what Mike says above you could install Bark but donít set it as default. Then create yourself test info, category, and product pages by copying existing ones and assigning these to the bark template. That way your not impacting on existing site but your seo guys can see the pages running on the bark template.
    Regards,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I can apricate your apprehension, but honestly it really is that easy and will revert back without effecting anything.

As a rule of thumb I always make a copy of the existing template so if you mess-up on your live template, you've got a copy to fall back on. To do this, within the 'Template Manager' click on the two blue boxes - click 'OK' and now re-name this template 'back-up' or similar. Click save, the green tick and then the back arrow - you'll now be back to the template manager and should see a copy of your back-up template you've just created.

If you still feel uneasy then give Bluepark a call and they'll do it for you in seconds.

Mike
    Thanks, I will get her to do that.
    Cheers
    Kate

Author of these three.

Writer, journalist.