Thread: Kelkoo - Does Anyone Use Them?

Default Kelkoo - Does Anyone Use Them?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have used Kelkoo, and if so how did you find it/would you recommend it?

Thanks, Helen

Have you found out the start up costs for using them?

It was a few years back, but when my old company used them, they required you have a minimum turnover of 30k - bit ridiculous - may have changed now though.

Helen,

We were talked into using them last autumn and our experiences have not been great at all.

We had to constantly chase invoices as they do not appear on the Management "front end", I have just managed to get hold of December 08!

Management of the campaign was complex and clunky, as a result I have stopped using them.

Just my own experiences, maybe better for others.

Hi Andy,

Sorry to hear you had trouble with them. It's shocking how disorganised some seeminly large companies can be when it comes to something as basic as invoicing!

While you were with them did they generate any extra sales? And, are there any affiliates/comparison sites that you have had a positive experience with?

Thanks

Hi Helen,

We have also used Kelkoo and like Andy we found them an absolute nightmare to deal with. They were quite happy to take our money but any technical problems with the feed or admin problems you might as well stick your head in a bucket of sand!

The conversion rates were not fantastic but we might have stayed with them if they only sorted out technical/admin support.

Things may have changed as it was a couple of years ago.
    Regards,

Dave

Helen,

In terms of conversions, again our experience was not great, it certainly was not anywhere near what we get from our other PPC campaigns and our Affiliates.

We also tried Pricegrabber, they annoyed me because they ran a promotion for lingerie/underwear through MSN and used my entire weeks budget in a day

After going for about 6 years now my advice would be to join an established affiliate network, we are with AffiliateFuture, and build up a relationship with the "good" affiliates, these will generate a good income stream over the years. You generally find that the good affiliate networks do not chase you, you contact them to establish a relationship.

Take a look at paidonresults, affiliatewindow, affiliatefuture to mention but a few.

I contacted Affiliate Window and I was told their fees were 5000!

Is this true & do affiliates really charge this much?

This put me off when I enquired last year but I am surprised to see some BP users with established companies like Affiliate Window and Affiliate Future.

How do you guys do it? Can we get a deal from them and is it worth that fee?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundbite View Post
    I contacted Affiliate Window and I was told their fees were 5000!
    Bloody Hell I would have to sell 50k just to break even
    Regards,

Dave

I think we paid AffiliateFuture about 500 to join, but that was 6+ years ago. I think you can normally strike a good deal with them, I know that we had to negotiate AffiliateFuture down at the time.

5000 does sound like a hell of a lot of money though, try AF they may be significantly cheaper and their Affiliate Management System is excellent. A point to note is that AF do take a percentage of the Affiliates cut, so if you let the Affiliate have say 10% commission, the Affiliate Network will then take another 1-2% of that commission meaning that you give away 11-12% as an example.

I just want to bring this thread back to life.

We have just recently joined Kelkoo and wondered if anyone else s using them and what sort of service they are getting?

Our experience the the moment is a huge amount of traffic low conversion and a lot of click fraud 1 idiot clicked an add 40 times! at 35p per click that soon adds up. If the clicks were more reasonable ie<10p this would be acceptable as an average.

We are currently in discussions by email only despite being on the top package and supposed to get telephone support!

Any other feedback???????
    Chris

We used them 5 years ago, total crap!!
    John Ayres

Hi,same sentiments as John, we last used them about two years ago. We had very low conversions at a high cost and we even had a great deal of trouble getting invoices from them!. Very difficult to deal with in our experience.

London UK, the world capital of magnetic therapy.

I just contact Paidonresults.com, and their answer was:

395 one-off set up fee,
    75 per month,
    30p for every 1 commission paid to affiliates.

My questions:
    1. Does anybody here pay monthly fee?
    2. Anybody who works with any affiliate service - Is there volume that is worth a 50 to 100 monthly payment (on top of the affiliate's commission AND their 30p per 1)?

For this kind of money, I wonder if I will better invest that money in adword program
    Eran, selling magnetic bracelets from http://www.magnetic-products-store.com/ The house of magnetic jewellery. Blogging at http://magnetictherapyuk.wordpress.com/ about all issues of magnetic therapy UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva Trading View Post

395 one-off set up fee,
    75 per month,

My questions:
    2. Anybody who works with any affiliate service - Is there volume that is worth a 50 to 100 monthly payment (on top of the affiliate's commission AND their 30p per 1)?

For this kind of money, I wonder if I will better invest that money in adword program
    Perhaps they should do as their name suggests and only get PAIDONRESULTS rather than charging these extortionate fees. Give them a wide berth.

395 one-off set up fee,
    75 per month,

My questions:

I could tell you, but i might have to kill you! this sort of info is what we have and you have to put the work in to find out.
    John Ayres

bump, bump.
    Eran, selling magnetic bracelets from http://www.magnetic-products-store.com/ The house of magnetic jewellery. Blogging at http://magnetictherapyuk.wordpress.com/ about all issues of magnetic therapy UK.

395 one-off set up fee,
    75 per month,

My questions:

This is my first month so can't give you any specific feedback yet because it is way too soon. The control panel is a bit complicated and there is a distinct lack of online help/support. Took a long time to get the account set up as well although part of that was my fault as I wasn't well.

Thanks for all.

After great considerations, I have desided I must not invest that money in an un-proven deal. I should use this money (the 75 monthly payment) on my own marketing plan (The links thingyboby) rather than their pocket. Long term over short term considerations.

I think that changing the way they charge means that they are not so succesful, and they need that minium monthly charge to cover their costs, or that they are simply fishing - and that they will negociate. Here is the answer I sent them:

PAID-ON-RESULTS - is that not your domain name?

Your 'unrivalled program' is a mix of 'pay for reaults' and 'pay for the privilege'.

Thank you for your reply - We would be happy to pay for the privilege if we would have a fee-free trial for lets say, four to five months.

Without that I will not join you and we will have to carry on paddling alone...

If your proposal was the only one available, than I would like to thank you for your time. However, if my proposal is acceptable, please feel free to contact us again.

Any up to date info on Kelkoo? I now see they are free to join !