Multi-Channel: Multiple Bluepark Sites
If you have multiple Bluepark sites, it is easy to consolidate all of your orders in one central Order Manager. Ensure that at least one of your sites is running the Enterprise Park package, this should be your "master" site. If you require an upgrade, simply send our support team an e-mail and we will change your package without disrupting your site.
Once you have assigned your "slave" sites, via the Bluepark API, our system will automatically ensure that any orders placed on your slave sites will also appear on the master site. You will be able to process the orders you receive from all sites via the master Order Manager. If you use our QuickBooks integration, you will also be able to export them into your accounting software.
Because all of your orders are stored in one place, the master site now knows exactly how much stock is available for each product. Any changes to stock on the master site, whether as the result of a manual change, a CSV or API update, or after having received or processed an order, will be reflected immediately on your slave sites.
If you wish, you can also create or update products on your slave sites via the master site. You can completely or partially update any product on any slave site, at any time. You have complete flexibility to manage your multiple sites in the way that best suits your business.
New Channel Setup
The first step is to assign each of your slave sites to the master site as new channels. In order to do this, you will need to obtain your API access credentials for each slave site, namely the API username and API key.
From the "Slave" Admin Console Menu Bar:
- Navigate to the Users menu and select the Admin Manager
- Click on the green Plus button or select an existing admin user to enter the Admin Editor
- Arriving on the Properties tab, check the box to Enable API Access
- Save your changes. You can now view all of your API access credentials
From the "Master" Admin Console Menu Bar:
- Navigate to the Orders menu and select the Channel Manager
- Click on the green Plus button to enter the Channel Editor and create a new channel
- Set your own Channel Name and then the Channel Type to Bluepark Site
- Save your changes to reveal more options
- Enter the slave site's API access credentials, being the Domain, Username and API Key you obtained previously
- Save your changes
- Click on the green Back button to return to the Channel Manager
- Click on the red Flag icon, toggling the colour to green and activating the channel
You have now created an active association between the master site and your slave site. This means that any new orders placed on your slave site will automatically be duplicated on the master site, in the Order Manager. All channel-related operations occur instantly, there is no delay involved.
Multi-channel orders can be processed via either the master or the slave, with both copies remaining synchronised, although it's probably more convenient to enjoy the benefits of centralised order processing on the master site.
The default setting for a new channel is to synchronise both orders and inventory. Stock control is strictly managed via the master site, meaning changes made on the master site are reflected on your slave sites. The first stage is to create relationships between the products on the master site and your slave sites, based on each product's unique SKU.
From the "Master" Channel Manager:
- Select an existing channel to enter the Channel Editor
- Click on the Publish Products Now tab
- Note the number of products currently assigned to the channel, initially zero
IF the "Slave" Site Contains Products Already:
- Click on the button to Assign Products Existing on Channel
- The system will search for matching SKUs on the slave site and assign any products found
- Optionally, from Select Action or Fields to Publish, select Quantity in Stock and Save
This is the simplest way to assign products already existing on the slave site to the channel. Once the matching products have been assigned, any changes made to the quantity in stock on the master site will automatically update the corresponding product on the slave site. The manual update of the quantity in stock should not be required for general daily use, stock synchronisation is fully automated and instantaneous.
IF the "Slave" Site Requires New Products Creating:
- EITHER click on the button to Assign All Products to Channel
- OR assign individual products to the channel via the Product Manager, the Product Editor or a CSV import
- From Select Action or Fields to Publish, select CREATE / UPDATE and Save
This procedure involves creating the products you've assigned to the channel on the slave site. It is particularly useful if you're setting up a new slave site, or adding a product range which doesn't currently exist. It is worth mentioning that products can be created or updated in full, or specific product fields can be selected for publishing on the slave site.
Once all of your channels have been created, and the relationships between the master site and your slave sites have been established, you will be able to list new products on all of your channels with ease.
In the Product Editor, simply assign the relevant channels via the Channels tab, then publish your product to create a matching copy on your slave sites. You can create, fully update or partially update any product at any time. The option to publish your products is also available via the Product Manager, where both assignment and publishing actions can be taken for selected products in bulk.
For advanced users, it is possible to customise the product data published to each individual channel. You are able to publish products to different categories, either by assigning category relationships via the Channels tab in the Category Editor, or at individual product level via the Product Editor.
In addition to categories, it is possible to customise the prices published to each channel at individual product level. Otherwise, create a user group with a selection of private discounts assigned and apply this to the channel, altering the prices of all products published. Alternatively, select an existing currency to alter all prices by the current exchange rate, ideal for any of your slave sites intended for use in different countries.
Finally, even product content can be customised entirely. Publishing options include replacing fields such as the product title, URL text, short description and page content with alternative versions using the "custom data" product fields, or selecting an existing language template. The possibilities are virtually endless, providing you with exceptional flexibility.